Home education and the law (UK):
(1) You CAN teach your child at home
(2) You DO NOT have to teach the National Curriculum
(3) Home education is a key aspect of parental choice and is EQUAL, in law, to education provided in school
(4) You DO NOT need formal qualifications, nor do you have to employ a qualified teacher to educate your child
(5) If your child has NEVER been registered at a school, there is NO NEED to inform the council or education authorities of your decision to home educate
(6) Home educated children CAN go on to higher education as long as they meet the entry criteria.